As in subject, CSS manipulation is different per browser. Is there any
plan of including CSS manipulation routines in prototype?

This could help my concrete case (I want to remove a CSS style instead
of using a selector to remove from each element, which would yield
less performance) but it has obvious possibilities for script.aculo.us
(morphing between CSS classes instead of style attributes).

Maybe there is something already there, but I swear I searched the
source before posting :)