> > NodeLists are live, though, aren't
> > they?http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#ID-......
>
> Of course, but our selector implementation turns them into an array.

Ah, okay, sorry about that.  I was thinking live.  I've read
http://github.com/kangax/prototype/tree/master/src/element.js
now and see where you're coming from.  Should have done that earlier.

So if I'm using Prototype without enabling automatic extension, I can
use $$() to get an array of unextended elements and do whatever I want
(e.g., I know it's going to be a big list and don't want them extended
until/unless I actually use them).  If I use $$W(), I'll get the new
Prototype.NodeList with all of the elements pre-wrapped.  Is that the
idea going forward?