No, you were completely right — either it should support both the
primitive and the wrapper _or_ we need to document why it does not. I
was prepared to say we'd do the latter, since I didn't want to deal
with the differences between the two, but it turns out there _are_ no
differences, save for the `typeof` problem.

If the fix weren't so simple I'd have pushed back hard.

Cheers,
Andrew