Only suggestion i can think of is that your method strongly implies a
requirement that "repetitionsPollFn.repeat()" get assigned to a
variable so it can be cleared later:

var interval = repetitiousPollFn.repeat(0.5);
// interval is the setInterval ID

then later
window.clearInterval(interval);

i could also see potential for more "scheduling" options
(repeatUntilTime, repeatXTimes, etc) built into your #repeat idea, but
don't really have the time to flesh them out.

i find it an interesting idea though. :)
-joe t.