Robert,

I use super heavily in many of my applications and it isn't something
trivial to just add it on to prototype's class. I would be very
against it. As long as it is clearly documented then I don't see a
problem. I spend a good deal of time in #prototype and a majority of
the questions are around selector's or the AJAX stuff. From my
experience most newbies don't even use Class.

Allen Madsen
http://www.allenmadsen.com