That is true of ALL functions in Prototype. Therefore they should all
be capitalized.

Really, this comes up because in js there is no separation between the
function name space and the value namespace. (Or the class/type
namespace ...).

I suggest resolving it by saying no function is capitalized. But that
is incompatible. So I suggest instead that no NEW functions are
capitalized.

That means that constants are capitalized, unless they are functions,
unless they are one of the small existing set of capitalized functions.

I think that is the best you can do, consistency-wise.

Sent from my iPhone