Not to be a curmudgeon about it -- I'll just point out that the CPU cycles
consumed in processing the email for this discussion far exceeds the CPU
cycles saved by all the code the lot of you will ever write with such
tweaks.

Purely entertainment / mental game play.

If you want to improve performance, the mental effort would be better spent
looking at your algorithm, or even better, measuring the performance to find
where you need to focus your attention. I can tell you now it won't be your
choice of iteration statements!

Play on -- I just wanted to put it into context...