Dear Prototype core team,

I like the syntactic idioms of Prototype, particularly the Enumerable
module. The methods really help to improve the readability of
JavaScript code.

Right now, I am writing a little program in JavaScript which is
thought for running in batch mode, i.e. from the command line.

I wonder whether it's possible to separate the UI part of Prototype -
connected with the browser - from its syntactic core. How much effort
would it be? When running

cscript prototype.js

on my windows machine, I get error because a "window" object is
missing. I hoped that replacing the initial "Browser" and
"BrowserFeatures" declarations by hashs with all properties set to
"false" could solve the problem. But there are more places where the
browser environment is expected.

How difficult would it be to separate the "core" layer from the
"browser-dependent" layer in Prototype? I don't know the mechanism how
the final Prototype.js is built from its code parts: Would it be
possible to build another product from these parts which only covers
the Prototype core?

Thanks for an answer,
Rüdiger