I think it says on the scriptaculous site that fade doesn't work
exactly right with tables.  It seems to be doing the trick, but I went
ahead and tried prototype's remove and still faced the same issue.  If
it's removed and still be counted, I don't think the Element.visible
trick is going to work, but I'll give it a try.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

On Sep 16, 12:13 am, kangax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep 15, 7:08 pm, ericindc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am looking to code a table with removable rows.  The remove piece
> > works just fine using .remove( ) or .fade( ) from Scriptaculous.
> > Afterwards, to maintain my alternating background rows I use $$('tbody
> > tr').each in order to iterate through each row in the table and do a
> > check on which background style to find.  I put in an alert statement
> > to tell me the index # and it appears that the hidden/removed rows are
> > still being counted.  Is there a workaround for this?  How do I get an
> > array of only the viewable rows?
> Elements removed from the document should not be included in `$$`
> results. If they are, it's most likely a bug.
> You can "filter" visible elements like so:
> $$('tbody tr').findAll(Element.visible);
> This will return all elements matching given selector which also have
> their `display` style set to anything but `none`. Note that elements
> with "hidden" ancestors are reported as visible (i.e.
> `Element.visible` returns `true`) so simple filtering via
> `Element.visible` would not be enough.
> --
> kangax

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Prototype & script.aculo.us" group.
To post to this group, send email to prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 

Reply via email to