On Sep 24, 5:43 am, emwebdev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there

Hi!

> I need a way to uniquely identify a particular AJAX request / response
> cycle through some kind of shared unique ID or similar.
>
> The reason for this is that I have an AJAX "status" display on a page
> which keeps a history of AJAX requests and their success / failure
> results, but at the moment I am assuming that so long as the URL is
> the same, then the response must be related. This works OK, but if
> there are two AJAX requests to the same URL everything goes out the
> window.

Why don't you just add a dummy identifier to yor AJAX URL.
Something like using "myajax.php?ID="+Date.now()

So all your URL will be different, and your current solution will work
fine.

Of course, if you want to use this issue to learn more about extending
classes, you may use a more complex approach :o)

Eric