I am trying to use ProtoHover[1] to create menu items out of nested
DIVs. My HTML construction is as follows:

        <ul>
                <li>option 1</li>
        </ul>

When I test this using show() and hide() as my only transition, there
is no issue. Everything stays in synch, nothing gets stuck.

When I test it using blindDown and blindUp (from the latest official
release of Script.aculo.us) as the transition, about half the time
the options DIV will get stuck showing out of the bottom of the
parent nav div. (That DIV has a colored background, and so the "tab"
grows downward to show its options) Once this happens, the only cure
is to reload the page. FireBug does not report anything wrong when it
does go awry.

I am using FF2.latest on a Mac, if that makes any difference, I have
also seen the problem occur in Safari 3.

document.observe('dom:loaded',function(){
        $('item1').hover(
                function(){
                        $('item1').down('div').show(); //works
                        //$('item1').down('div').blindDown({duration:0.4});
                },function(){
                        $('item1').down('div').hide();
                        //$('item1').down('div').blindUp({duration:0.4});

Thanks in advance,

Walter

1. http://code.google.com/p/protohover/