Once you have Firebug there, you will be able to see exactly what is
going on. If you could post a link, there are at any given time at
least N*100 people on this list with it alive and active, and you
might get your answer a little sooner.

It's odd that you aren't seeing any search attempt until you press a
non-character button. By this do you mean a spacebar or a control key
or what?

Have you added any of the options like the number of characters
before attempting a match, or anything out of the ordinary like that?
Please remind me what your call to Autocompleter looks like.

Also, what server environment and browser are you seeing this in?
Scripty is not at all picky about server, naturally, but I have seen
cases where session handling was so greedy that Ajax stuff just
wouldn't work correctly.

Walter