On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 7:16 PM, ericindc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The autocompleter only works when the PHP code prints the string, but
> based on the documentation, I assumed that the PHP code was expected
> to return the string.

I don't really understand why you are differentiating between "prints
the string" vs. "returns the string". The Autocompleter does not care
what you implement your server-side code in, all we're concerned with
here is the body of the response from the Ajax request.

This is a PHP example that would work:

> The site is again on an intranet.  I can copy the code to pastie.org
> again, but the database connection, etc. won't be available.

All the we'd need to see to better help you is the generated HTML, no
PHP or anything else server-side specific.

-justin