I presume you are using 1.5 or later of Scriptaculous ...

I have always used the class form of the handle, but I see that you
may use an ID as well -- I stand corrected.

Drag Me, oh please Drag Me
Some stuff here that forces a scroll.

with class reference (personal favorite):

new Draggable('myDraggable123',{handle:'myHandleClass'});

or with ID:

new Draggable('myDraggable123',{handle:'handle123'});

Walter