Hi,

actually my intentions were to have a fast fadeout + fadein effect
every time the user clicks on a link to go to another page of the
site. I thought I could get this simply by handling the onload and
onunload events of the body tag, since they are called everytime the
browser moves from one page to another:

html:
onunload="javascript:onUnloadPage();" ...

javascript:
function onLoadPage() {
        Effect.Appear('main', { duration: 0.5 });
}
function onUnloadPage() {
        Effect.Fade('main', { duration: 0.5 });
}

The fadein effect (Effect.Appear) called on the onload event works
perfectly, while the fadeout doesn't, exactely because of the reason
you mentioned.

I found a solution in order to achieve the wanted effect transition.
I have completely discarded the onunload event of the body tag, and I
have written a javascript function to be called everytime the user
clicks a link. This function first invokes the fadeout effect, and
when the effect is over, it opens the new link. Here it is:

html body tag:

html link example:

javascript
function onLoadPage() {
        Effect.Appear('main', { duration: 0.5 });
}
function openPage(url) {
        new Effect.Fade(
                'main',
                {
                        duration: 0.5,
                        afterFinish: function() { window.location.href = url; }
                }
        );
        return false;
}

Now it works as expected, but I don't like very much this solution
since for every link the openPage funtion invocation has to be added
(onclick="return openPage(this.href);")

I preferred to handle all this in a more automatic way :-)

Thanks