I didn't even look at the source code yet. My first suggestion is that
when someone opens a new window, it should be "normal" and not
"maximized" to give a better demonstration.

Also, in IE6 when I open the start menu the text was completely
overlapped. In addition, if I click anywhere outside the start menu it
should go away.

When you release the source code, properly stated license is important
to some people. GPL is highly viral, while MIT is extremely friendly
for commercial use.