Hi TJ,

Based on your wrap recommendation I have extended prototype (wrapped
Ajax.request.prototype.respondToReadyState function) without modifying
the initialize function and source code of prototype js. Here is the
link to code: http://pastie.org/313738.

I hope this helps someone else too. Do you have any thoughts or
suggestions on this?

Thanks!
Mert.