Matt Winward pisze:
> Thanks for the advice SWilk .. that was pretty detailed and very very
> useful!
>
> I had a little hunt around on the net and found this page (http://
> blog.code-purity.com/archives/2008/10/3/
> compressed_prototype_scriptaculous/) which links to a 'minified' and
> compressed (I think?) script containing both scriptaculous and
> prototype, bringing them both down to an 88kb file, which is a huge
> improvement. I had figured that this must be something someone
> somewhere had done already!
>
> I'm still concerned that it will include a lot of functions that we'll
> never use, but at the same time, your point about maintenance is a
> fair one.

Take a look at proto-scripty wiki articles:
http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/scripty:tip-minimum-libraries-for-effects
and
http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/prototype:tip-minimizing-download-times

You might find the first one helpful when deciding which script of
scriptaculous you need.
The second one discusses the minification and consolidation of js
files, and contains some other useful links.

Regards,
SWilk