Ok, I think I know what went wrong. The drag-and-drop magic works only if
the child-uls have a padding-bottom. Maybe the javascript should check if
the padding is alright and make sure it does not go under a certain minimum?
A hint in the documentation might be nice. I am not the only one who got
this wrong: the seaside scriptaculous example does not allow drags to empty
children, either.

Niko