You're correct it should... but that does not fix the problem in this
instance, in face it makes it worse.  The reason I did not include the
single quotes is because that escapes you from the parameters, and
without single quotes $F(user_cert_agency) still functions correctly
on a normal text input field.

Thanks,
Ryan