T.J.,

Thank you for the extraordinary help - your script worked right off
the bat!  The only thing I'm struggling with right now is the fact
that the cells I want to calculate are not just numbers but <form>
elements.  So, cell.innerHTML is something like <input id="grade1"
value="20"> instead of "20".  I've tried multiple things to coerce the
value out of the cell but so far have not had much luck.  Any hints?

Thanx!
  Richard