Hi Christophe,

> Is there a limitation with prototype with request like notify ?

Not in _Prototype_.  But there are lots of limitations around
concurrent requests imposed by various browser and server
implementations.  Most browsers will only ever process two concurrent
requests to the same server, queuing the others.  I don't know that
anyone (IE, Firefox, etc.) _documents_ that they will guarantee to
process the queued requests in the order that you initiated them (and
you certainly can't count on them _completing_ in order).  Separately,
some servers implement a similar limitation on concurrent requests
from the same client, and again, I'd be surprised (especially once you
get into a scaling situation with a server farm) if you could rely on
concurrent requests being processed strictly in order of initiation.

In situations where you need the requests processed in a strict order,
you'll need to implement a queue in your client-side code and wait for
the result of one request before initiating the next.  And you'll
probably need to only rely on having one request satisfied at a time,
although in most cases you could have two.

Note that all this is not just "Ajax" requests.  This applies to page
loads involving lots of images, style sheets, script files, etc.

HTH,