Thanks for your informative reply.
In my case I think I should have only at most two concurrent request
at any time. But what I really need is to be able to abort a pending
notify request. If I can, then I will have at mot one request at a
time.
Basically I will have a pending notify request until the server
replies to it. But if I need to change a state from the client, I need
to abort the notify request, change the state and then send a new
notify request.
Is it possible to abort a pending request from thr prototype
framework ?

How do ajax application manage to get informed of server side events ?
Do they all rely on polling method ?

Thanks,
Christophe