I'm not sure how Drupal has their Javascript set up, but generally you
should be able to wrap their JS in an anonymous function:

(function($){
    // Drupal JS code goes here
    // Within this block, '$' represents jQuery
    $('#foo').click(function() {
        alert('jQuery event');
    });
})(jQuery);

// Outside that block, $ is for prototype
$('foo').observe('click', function()
{
    alert('Prototype event');
});