Hi brendan,

For the bug of the afterFinish, I already have that kind of problem.
So I just delay a little (normally the time of one frame should be
enough) the code that should be normally execute.

What I recommend is to wrap all call to scriptaculous inside a
function, so you could easilly handle the variable to know if an event
is in action or not.
And to reset this value, as I say use the afterFinish callback, and
delay execution of code.

--
david