On Feb 24, 6:14 am, Lox <gecka.comp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When is prototype.js new release scheduled?
>
> Current version feature is getting old. Other JavaScript frameworks
> are going faster and are getting more "modern"
>
> Prototype.js does not even appear on that
> article:http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/02/08/50-extremely-useful-javasc...
>
> OpenSource projects are alive because of there community, and
> prototype's is getting smaller.
>
> I use prototype a lot and don't really want to change but if no
> release coming soon, I will as many others I know have already.

Is there some particular development you are waiting for?

Because if not, what's your hurry? What does 'more modern' mean? The
idea that there has to be a new 'modern' version of everything is a
lie fostered by an industry that has to sell you a new version or they
won't make any money. This does not apply in the Open source world.

I am not arguing against either improving or extending systems; but
'falling behind' is a nonsense unless you detail specific things that
you are waiting for.

Colin