It couldn't be an ID, because you get a list of items.
An ID has to be biunique, so you can't use it for the list.

In IE, Firefox, Opera, Konqueror it works fine (using the class), but
in Safari I can't select an item.
When I click on the item or press return when the item is selected,
the value will not be adopted to the input-field - nothing happens...