Hi,

> but it wont work with class name.

Well, let's think about what you're doing.  You're using $$(), and
then calling a remove() method on what it returns.  According to the $$
() docs[1], it returns an array.  So unless arrays have a remove()
method (I don't think they do), that's not going to work.

Fortunately, though, Prototype provides this nifty invoke()[2] method
on Enumerable[3], which it mixes in with arrays.  invoke() will call a
given function on each element in the array.  So putting these things
together:

$$('.myclass').invoke('remove');

[1] http://prototypejs.org/api/utility/dollar-dollar
[2] http://prototypejs.org/api/enumerable/invoke