I hope this snippet helps :o)

[code]
    var w = 0,
        h = 0;

    if (typeof(window.innerWidth) == 'number') {
        w = window.innerWidth;
        h = window.innerHeight;
    } else if (document.documentElement &&
(document.documentElement.clientWidth ||

document.documentElement.clientHeight))
    {
        //IE 6+ in 'standards compliant mode'
        w = document.documentElement.clientWidth;
        h = document.documentElement.clientHeight;
    } else if (document.body && (document.body.clientWidth ||
                                 document.body.clientHeight))
    {
        //IE 4 compatible
        w = document.body.clientWidth;
        h = document.body.clientHeight;
    }
[/code]

--
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no
matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and