Hi T.J., that is odd... I get the same results for the width and height of
the <body> element using the code that Douglas gave me and Prototype's
document.viewport.getDimensions(). You can take a look at my code at
pastie.org: http://pastie.org/471309.  I don't know if it makes any
difference, but I have tested the code on IE7, Firefox 3, Opera 9, and
Safari 3 on my Windows Vista operating system.

- Paul