Thanks a lot for both your replies!

Tobie, your suggestion dint work. Thanks though.
Vladimir's did.

I have one page thats simply loaded with custom JS. There a lot of
text fields in it which have a JS hook simliar to
onchange="autofill_record(this)" . And these custom JS functions use a
lot of (element).up and (element).down to manipulate user entered
values and perform some calculations and display the results.

Could you tell me what the right syntax is that I should be using for
IE to be able to interpret my code?
Thanks again!