When I load the following html page in opera the text area appears
empty.  The script works fine in firefox.  If I view the DOM in
dragonfly the innerHTML of the textarea appears to be set.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or maybe this is a known bug in
opera?

Prototype
  Version:1.6.0.3

Opera
  Version:9.64
  Build: 2480
  Platform:Linux
  System:i686, 2.6.28-14-generic
  Qt library:3.3.5
  Java:Java Runtime Environment installed

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
TR/html4/strict.dtd">
  <head>
    <title>test</title>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="prototype.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function init() {
      var form=new Element('form',{'action':'#'});
      var text_input=new Element('textarea',{
        'name':'mytextarea',
        'cols':'100',
        'rows':'15'}).update('hello');