Hey T.J,

I meant that I couldn't find information for what I was trying to do
specifically.  I've read the periodicalExecuter docs on the prototype
site which only demonstrates how to call the .stop() from within the
same periodicalExecutor call.

Ideally, I'm looking to call the .stop() from another external
function.  For example, I have a slideshow that automatically plays
the slides based on a call to  periodicalExecutor.  I'm trying to code
a user clicked stop button for this slideshow.  Is this possible?

Cheers,
Paul