Walter Lee Davis wrote:
> You need to create a reference to the PE, and call stop on that
> reference.
>
> var pe;
>
> pe = new PeriodicalExecuter(...);
>
> ...later, in another script...
>
> pe.stop();
>
> pe has to be a global variable, but if both the start and stop of the
> PE happens inside a class, it doesn't have to be entirely global.
Or, as the "external function" would have to have some notion of the
PeriodicalExecuter instance anyhow, it might be an option to simply pass
the callback argument on?

  function ext_func (arg1, arg2, pe) { /*...*/ pe.stop (); }

  /*...*/

  new PeriodicalExecuter (function (pe) { ext_func (foo, bar, pe); }, 10);

I don't believe there's an easy way to "stop any PeriodicalExecuter that
invoked me, if any".  And if there was, I'm sure it'd be the same old
way to hell, as is the nature of easy ways.  ;-)

----Daniel