Alex,

I think you're right. But I thought an element had to be absolutely
positioned for clonePosition to work properly. In fact, I tried to
turn span #2 into a relative element and the positioning was not even
close. You said span #2 inherits the style, but the parent element, in
my case, is just the body of the document. Should I place another span
around the two spans? I'm not sure I follow you.

Thanks!
Tiago