ColinFine,

I couldn't find anything relevant in the spec either. However, my
point is not whether or not the elements are being positioned
identically. It's whether the position reported by the browser is in
fact the rendered position. As far as I understand, it's this apparent
incoherence that causes clonePosition to behave improperly.

Tiago