On 09/17/2009 07:14 AM, david wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> the way you write it is good even in IE.
> When write " onComplete: parent_response() ", you launch the function
> at initialisation time, and the AJAX was not call, so you input is
> undefined. If you test alert(originalRequest) you should also have
> undefined.

When should this be launched, then?  I thought onComplete called the
callback function after the entire ajax call had completed, regardless
of success/failure ?

> For your trouble, what is the response text of the AJAX request ??
> you should check it too, in case xML was not recognize by IE and set
> as text.

It definitely returns XML ..  It's something like this :

<Departments>
  <ou name='foo' value='bar' />
  <ou name='baz' value='qux' />
</Departments>

The parent_response function will parse that, create what I need, and
display it.  The problem is, originalRequest doesn't seem to get set, or
if it does, it's not by what I'm expecting.

Should I call the AJAX some other way instead of via the body onload?