One of the side-effects(indeed the only negative one I am aware of) of
using prototype is the problem you have described.  The only way to
pass an array as you have described, would be to hash the array, or
pass it as json, or something.  However, I think you would be better
off modifying your loop.  With prototype you can't really use the for-
in looping construct.  You need to either loop through the array
numerically or use prototype's Enumerable.each.

Good Luck,
Shelby