On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:14 AM, T.J. Crowder <t...@crowdersoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Jun 9, 4:33 pm, Jarkko Laine <jarks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9.6.2010, at 17.08, fernan wrote:
> [snip[
>> The following worked fine for me (both Safari and FF):
>>
>>    <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
>>      document.observe('dom:loaded', function() { $('div1').toggle() });
>>    </script>
>
> Right, because you're not referring to elements before they exist,
> you're waiting until the DOM is ready first.
>
> -- T.J.

Thanks TJ /Jarkko

my code is now working. Based on your suggestions, and other
suggestions I got on #prototype @irc
I moved this code to the <head> of the document, and replaced the
Event.observe used to detect the page unloading with a 'window.unload
= function;' call.

thanks to all who provided help!

--
fernan