Hi,

I solved the problem thanks to your help. The minimalist, self-
contained example approach worked well for me.
I guess it was the Joomla! - buggy atmosphere that preventet IE to
catch the dom:loaded event. After some hacking and removing some
external JavaScript - File requests my script worked as expected.

Thanks for your help!

floce