Imagine two arrays:

[one, two, three, four]
[three, four, five, six]

And I want to end up with [one, two, three, four, five, six] but I have no guarantee that there aren't some repeated values in there -- I can't just use Prototype's Array#uniq to do this -- because order of elements is important. I need the equivalent of lining up two transparencies on a light table, except with arrays.

That's a very simplified model, let me explain what they really represent: The first is the base HREF of the page, and the second is a path to an image file. I need to construct an absolute URI to the image, regardless of whether it was coded as a root-relative or page- relative URL in the HTML.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Thanks,

Walter