TJ, thanks so much for the insight.  I'm going to walk through my code
and at the very least remove any event handlers I've attached to the
nodes.  I'll monitor memory and then if that is the issue I'll take
action based on your recommendations.  I should have a solid response
tonight.  Thanks again!