Not their source, yours... LOL

If you're not throwing any javascript warnings like you were the last time
then its most probably an implementation error and there is really no way
for everyone to know how you have implemented the menus so we dont know were
to look for a typo so it would be a game of twenty questions.




On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM, livewire9174 <markmch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have looked at the source, thats why i am posting here.
>
> On Dec 19, 5:38 pm, Phil Petree <phil.pet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why dont you pop the source up so we can see it...
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>  > On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 11:13 AM, livewire9174 <markmch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > > I think my code is cleaned up now, however , I still have the same
> > > problem, does anybody have any suggestions?
> >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > > On Dec 18, 10:00 pm, Walter Lee Davis <wa...@wdstudio.com> wrote:
> > > > If you have the Firebug window open, then click on the console tab so
> > > > the errors will appear. If Firebug can work out where the error is
> > > > coming from, it will tell you. Click on the error to focus on that
> > > > line of the script. If the error is nested a few layers down, you're
> > > > probably going to have to trace by the function name in your own code
> > > > -- or set breakpoints and step through the code (but I've never
> > > > learned properly how to do that, so don't ask!).
> >
> > > > Walter
> >
> > > > On Dec 18, 2010, at 12:47 PM, livewire9174 wrote:
> >
> > > > > Thanks Walter,
> > > > > I have just installed firebug, I know this is not related the above
> > > > > question, but how do I get firebug to show me what line of
> javascript
> > > > > is getting upset?
> >
> > > > > thanks
> >
> > > > > On Dec 18, 4:18 pm, Walter Lee Davis <wa...@wdstudio.com> wrote:
> > > > >> There's a general error in your code (found it in Safari). It
> looks
> > > > >> like you're trying to call an effect on an object that doesn't
> exist,
> > > > >> because you're referencing $(element) on a null object from inside
> > > > >> effects.js.
> >
> > > > >> Take a look through your code, and make sure that you only call
> > > > >> effects on an object that you're sure exists. So for example,
> > > > >> instead of
> >
> > > > >>         $('something').appear();
> >
> > > > >> you could do
> >
> > > > >>         var elm;
> > > > >>         if(elm = $('something')) elm.appear();
> >
> > > > >> Another great trick is this (if you're working from an element
> that
> > > > >> can be gotten through css)
> >
> > > > >> $$('#something').invoke('appear');
> >
> > > > >> Since that's like writing a for loop over an array of results, it
> > > > >> naturally works fine when there are no results -- it just doesn't
> > > > >> fire.
> >
> > > > >> In any case, you really want to test this stuff in Firebug or
> > > > >> Safari's
> > > > >> Web Inspector. That gives you a real-time look into what your code
> is
> > > > >> doing or not.
> >
> > > > >> Walter
> >
> > > > >> On Dec 18, 2010, at 9:08 AM, livewire9174 wrote:
> >
> > > > >>> Hi everybody.
> > > > >>> I hope this is the correct place to post.
> >
> > > > >>> I have a menu system using the scriptaculous code. However, the
> menu
> > > > >>> disappears when using Internet Explorer. I am not sure what I am
> > > > >>> doing
> > > > >>> wrong, but it must be something simple?
> >
> > > > >>> My page is here,http://bit.ly/haBsGY,  just mouse over the menus
> and
> > > > >>> you will see the issue.
> >
> > > > >>> Please help if you can,
> >
> > > > >>> Thanks in advance.
> >
> > > > >>> --
> > > > >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google
> > > > >>> Groups "Prototype & script.aculo.us" group.
> > > > >>> To post to this group, send email to
> > > prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
> > > > >>> .
> > > > >>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > prototype-scriptaculous+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<prototype-scriptaculous%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com><prototype-scriptaculou
> s%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com <s%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>>
> > > > >>> .
> > > > >>> For more options, visit this group athttp://
> > > groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en
> > > > >>> .
> >
> > > > > --
> > > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > > Groups "Prototype & script.aculo.us" group.
> > > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > > prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
> > > > > .
> > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > prototype-scriptaculous+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<prototype-scriptaculous%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com><prototype-scriptaculou
> s%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com <s%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>>
> > > > > .
> > > > > For more options, visit this group athttp://
> > > groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en
> > > > > .
> >
> > > --
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups
> > > "Prototype & script.aculo.us" group.
> > > To post to this group, send email to
> > > prototype-scriptacul...@googlegroups.com.
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > prototype-scriptaculous+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<prototype-scriptaculous%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com><prototype-scriptaculou
> s%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com <s%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>>
> > > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en.
>
> --
>  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Prototype & script.aculo.us" group.
> To post to this group, send email to
> prototype-scriptacul...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> prototype-scriptaculous+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<prototype-scriptaculous%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Prototype & script.aculo.us" group.
To post to this group, send email to prototype-scriptacul...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
prototype-scriptaculous+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en.

Reply via email to