On Aug 1, 2011, at 10:14 AM, Martín Marqués wrote:

I have a large form with quite a bunch of pull downs to select. Then a
submit button.

The thing is that there can be up to 1300 vars, and maybe more in the
future, but in every post only 10 or 15 are valid for the program. How
can I eliminate them from the list of variables that are finally
submitted?

Hmmmm. Assuming that your base HTML as served to the browser accurately reflects the current state of the object on your server before changes, you could test to see if each select's selected option is the defaultSelected option, and drop it from the serialized attributes if so. Inside a loop:

        if(mySelect.options[mySelect.selectedOption].defaultSelected == true){
                //skip this one
        }else{
                params.push $F(mySelect);
        }

Something like that, off the top of my head. That should eliminate any non-changed elements from the POST. But you should seriously think about breaking this up along different lines if you've got 1,300 attributes on a single object!

Walter

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Prototype & script.aculo.us" group. To post to this group, send email to prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com . To unsubscribe from this group, send email to prototype-scriptaculous+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en .