OK, got it done in another way (I'm not sure if I was clear about what
I wanted).

Form id is formEntrega.

Event.observe(window, 'load', function() {
    Event.observe('formEntrega', 'submit', function(event){

        var selects = this.getElements();

        for(var i=0; i < selects.length; i++){
            if(selects[i].getValue() == 0){
                selects[i].disable();
        this.submit();
    }
    );
});

This works like a charm.

The only thing missing is some validation for a select element
(getElements() brings everything in the form, not only the selects),
but havent found how to do that.

2011/8/1 T.J. Crowder <t...@crowdersoftware.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Sounds like some refactoring is in order.
>
> If you're doing an Ajax call, then I'm with Miguel, you can just grab
> the fields you really need and send them directly.
>
> If you want it to be a real form post (refreshes the page, etc.), you
> could create a new form on-the-fly with the relevant fields and submit
> that instead.
>
> Alternately, remember that browsers (and Prototype) don't send
> disabled form fields. So if you know, when submitting, which fields
> are relevant and don't want to refactor, just ensure that by the time
> the form is submitted, the irrelevant fields are disabled. Then they
> won't be sent.
>
> But 1,300 fields in a single form...that screams "divide and conquer"
> to me.
>
> Best,
> --
> T.J. Crowder
> Independent Software Engineer
> tj / crowder software / com
> www / crowder software / com
>
> On Aug 1, 3:14 pm, Martín Marqués <martin.marq...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a large form with quite a bunch of pull downs to select. Then a
>> submit button.
>>
>> The thing is that there can be up to 1300 vars, and maybe more in the
>> future, but in every post only 10 or 15 are valid for the program. How
>> can I eliminate them from the list of variables that are finally
>> submitted?
>>
>> --
>> Martín Marqués
>> select 'martin.marques' || '@' || 'gmail.com'