Hi,

Sounds like some refactoring is in order.

If you're doing an Ajax call, then I'm with Miguel, you can just grab
the fields you really need and send them directly.

If you want it to be a real form post (refreshes the page, etc.), you
could create a new form on-the-fly with the relevant fields and submit
that instead.

Alternately, remember that browsers (and Prototype) don't send
disabled form fields. So if you know, when submitting, which fields
are relevant and don't want to refactor, just ensure that by the time
the form is submitted, the irrelevant fields are disabled. Then they
won't be sent.

But 1,300 fields in a single form...that screams "divide and conquer"
to me.

Best,
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com