On 11 October 2011 00:04, nelian <i...@myskills.co.za> wrote:
> I am somewhat new to AJAX, but one thing that I have not touch upon is
> the following -
>
> When my App is making an AJAX call, from the users perspective it
> seems to be doing nothing, how does one go about freezing the page
> (Not sure what else to call it) and indicate to the user that
> something is happening?
> (I have seen it on a couple of sites, but cannot seem to find an
> example at the moment)
>
> Thanks in advance for the help
>
> Ian

I use the Ajax.Responders
(http://api.prototypejs.org/ajax/Ajax/Responders/) to allow me to
handle the creation and completion of all AJAX requests.

In my requests, I fade in a little spinner image after 0.25s. It fades
out on completion.

So, if the request is handled in handled in under 0.25s, then no spinner.

This seems to work quite well for me.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend : PHPDoc