right, i found it: http://api.prototypejs.org/language/dollar-H/
i am used to the idea of assuming zero data persistence in a runtime
environment
so i'm not sure how this works outside the function scope. in php you have
to serialize variables,
use a global or superglobal array, use database, files, etc. on a client im
used to seeing cookies
being used, I am just wondering what the scope limit of this use is, as i
am used to treating
javacsript variables scope at function level only, passing them being
required with get and setter methods
 I'll try the $H idea and see how it works. Thanks again