#054/03-Jan-02

   POOR RICHARD'S WEB SITE NEWS
   Geek-Free, Commonsense Advice on Building a Low-Cost Web Site

       Editor: Peter Kent
         Top Floor Publishing
           http://PoorRichard.com/

        60,000 Subscribers in More Than 100 Countries!

   ~~~ IN THIS ISSUE ~~~

   ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   Testing Your Web Host's Servers

   The New Education Site

   Picking a Hosting Company is Almost Impossible! II

   Please Help With Feedback!

   Poor Richard's Web Site and Other Top Floor Books

   Book Reviewers Wanted

   ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
         **** IF YOU FIND THIS NEWSLETTER USEFUL ...
         FORWARD IT TO FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES ****

   {{ Testing Your Web Host's Servers }}
   ========>>>
   Few clients bother to test a hosting company's servers before
   signing up for an account. Maybe that's a good thing --
   testing hosting servers is frustrating, because so many are
   bad! But if you _do_ want to check before making the jump, you
   should read this article.

   "Test a hosting company before you buy! All the company's
   marketing hype, and even all the recommendations from friends,
   mean nothing if the hosting company serves up pages to the Web
   really slowly. Luckily there are ways to test."

   [continued here:
   http://netbizcoach.com/public/how_to/find_host/test.htm ]

   ***sponsor***************************************************
   Need a WILL? Better still, for FREE? Sign up for legal
   coverage -- it'll cost the equivalent of a cup of coffee a day
   -- and get a free will. Free help with traffic problems, tax
   audits, plenty more. Are you being sued right now? Would you
   like a 25% discount on legal bills?

   Click now for information! http://netbizcoach.com/fwd/001.htm
   ***********************************************sponsor*******

   {{ The New Education Site }}
   ========>>>

   Still working on the new eduction site, currently at
   http://www.NetBizCoach.com/

   I planned to launch on or around Jan. 7th... I suspect it'll
   be more "around" the 7th, maybe later that week.

   If you'd like to get a discount on the subscription when it
   finally goes live (at _least_ a 50% discount to the first
   1,000 subscribers), send a blank e-mail and I'll contact you
   when it's ready: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   FREE BOOKS! BOOKS ON SALE!

   Buy any 2 books from the Top Floor Web Site you'll get "The
   CDnow Story" FREE!

   "MP3 for Musicians" is now 50% off! Pay $13.98, save $13.97.

   See http://TopFloor.com/

   {{ Picking a Hosting Company is Almost Impossible! II }
   ========>>>

   I asked for hosting-company recommendations in the last
   newsletter ... and got scores. I haven't yet picked a company,
   but if you're interested you can see the recommendations here:
   http://netbizcoach.com/public/how_to/find_host/feedback.htm

   Definitely some interesting stuff ... complaints about certain
   companies from multiple people, and some interesting
   recommendations.

   You can find the feedback here:
   http://netbizcoach.com/public/how_to/find_host/feedback.htm

   {{ Please Help With Feedback! }}
   ========>>>
   As you know, I recently changed the format of this newsletter.
   Instead of one very long newsletter, with complete articles,
   I've been putting the first paragraph or so of the article in
   the newsletter, then linking to the article on the Web site.

   In the past I've had people e-mailing me asking me to do this
   ... now I'm getting e-mails from people asking me not to!
   (Can't keep everybody happy, I guess!)

   So which do you prefer? Please feel free to go online and post
   your comments here:
   http://netbizcoach.com/public/feedback_forum/long_newsletter.htm

   Promoting your Web site online? It doesn't mean just search
   engines and banner ads. You need to know about these low-cost
   yet effective promotional techniques that really do work!
   http://PoorRichard.com/promo/

   {{ Poor Richard's Web Site and Other Top Floor Books }}
   ========>>>

   Top Floor Publishing now has thirteen books in print:

   Poor Richard's Web Site Marketing Makeover: Improve Your
   Message and Turn Visitors into Buyers
   http://PoorRichard.com/makeover/

   Poor Richard's Creating E-Books: How Authors, Publishers, and
   Corporations Can Get Into Digital Print
   http://PoorRichard.com/ebook/

   Poor Richard's Home and Small Office Networking: Room-to-Room
   or Around the World
   http://PoorRichard.com/homeoffice/

   Poor Richard's Branding Yourself Online: How to Use the
   Internet to Become a Celebrity or Expert in Your Field
   http://PoorRichard.com/brand/

   Poor Richard's Internet Recruiting: Easy, Low-Cost Ways to
   Find Great Employees Online
   http://PoorRichard.com/recruiting/

   Poor Richard's Building Online Communities: Create a Web
   Community for Your Business, Club, Association, or Family
   http://PoorRichard.com/communities/

   The Official Miva Web-Scripting Book: Shopping Carts,
   Feedback Forms, Guestbooks, and More
   http://TopFloor.com/miva/

   Poor Richard's Web Site, 2nd Edition: Geek-Free, Commonsense
   Advice on Building a Low-Cost Web Site
   http://PoorRichard.com/

   Poor Richard's E-mail Publishing: Creating Newsletters,
   Bulletins, Discussion Groups, and Other Powerful
   Communication Tools
   http://PoorRichard.com/website2/

   Poor Richard's Internet Marketing and Promotions, 2nd
   Edition: How to Promote Yourself, Your Business, Your Ideas
   Online
   http://PoorRichard.com/promo/

   The CDnow Story: Rags to Riches on the Internet
   http://TopFloor.com/cdnow/

   MP3 For Musicians: Promote Your Music Career Online
   http://www.TopFloor.com/mp3m/

   MP3 and the Digital Music Revolution: Turn Your PC into a
   CD-Quality Jukebox
   http://TopFloor.com/mp3/

   ... we also carry the following books by Peter Kent

   Making Money in Technical Writing: Turn Your Writing Skills
   into $100,000 A Year
   http://TopFloor.com/techwr/

   The Official Netscape JavaScript Book
   http://TopFloor.com/books.htm

   Order direct from the publisher, and you'll get a 100%,
   1-Year Guarantee. If you feel the book wasn't worth the
   money, send it back for a refund!

   And remember, these books are discounted at the Web site, and
   you pay just one shipping cost regardless of how many books
   you buy!

   {{ Book Reviewers Wanted }}
   ========>>>

   Do you review books for newspapers, magazines, newsletters
   (electronic or paper), Web sites, or other media spots?

   If so, perhaps you'd like to review one of Top Floor
   Publishing's recent books:

   * Poor Richard's Web Site Marketing Makeover: Improve Your
     Message and Turn Visitors into Buyers
   * Poor Richard's Home & Small Office Networking: Room-to-Room
     or Around the World
   * Poor Richard's Internet Recruiting: Easy, Low-Cost Ways To
     Find Great Employees Online
   * Poor Richard's Building Online Communities: Create a Web
     Community for Your Business, Club, Association, or Family

   Or perhaps you'd like to review "Poor Richard's Web Site:
   Geek-Free, Commonsense Advice on Building a Low-Cost Web
   Site, 2nd Edition"? Or maybe one of the other books mentioned
   above?

   Contact Top Floor's Marketing Director, Missy Ramey, at
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] Include your full mailing address, the
   name of newspaper/magazine/whatever in which the review will
   appear and the probable date of publication, and the editor's
   contact information.

                      information remains.
  This newsletter is not sent unsolicited. All the e-mail
  addresses in our database have been submitted to us for
  inclusion. If you received this message and you haven't
  subscribed, a friend or colleague may have forwarded it to
  you.

  You are currently subscribed to prwebnews as:
  [archive@jab.org].

  To unsubscribe, forward this message to
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  To subscribe, send a blank e-mail message to
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  To change your subscription address, unsubscribe by forwarding
  this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED],
  and then subscribe from your new email account by sending a
  blank e-mail message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  To read earlier issues of this newsletter, go to
  http://www.poorrichard.com/newsltr/

  To contact a real live human being (the above addresses go to
  mail-handling software), contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  For information about advertising in this newsletter, email
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]