He didn't, it's usually just swapping components out for variants
rated over a wider temp range and changing how thermal dissipation is
done, perhaps larger heat sinks or something similar. In particular,
it has to pass their internal thermal tests. It's a brand new board so
it doesn't suprise me that they are not ready for full production of
the extended temp range version....